Part of the Clinico Radiological Series, this book provides a multidisciplinary overview of diagnostic imaging for chest infections.
Divided into six sections, the text begins with a general overview of imaging techniques and chest infections.
The following sections discuss imaging of different causes of chest infection – causative organisms, such as bacterial pneumonia and fungal infections; clinical scenarios such as hospital-acquired pneumonia and infections following surgery.
The final section provides reporting templates and questions and answers to assist learning.
The text is further enhanced by nearly 1300 clinical photographs, diagrams and tables, as well as numerous illustrative case scenarios.
Other titles in the Clinico Radiological Series include Temporal Bone Imaging (9789385891908), Imaging of Interstitial Lung Diseases (9789386322517) and Sinonasal Imaging (9789352701711).
- Multidisciplinary guide to diagnostic imaging for chest infections
- Part of the Clinico Radiological Series
- Includes nearly 1300 images, diagrams and tables as well as case scenarios
- Features reporting templates and questions and answers for revision
SECTION 1: GENERAL
- Imaging Techniques in Evaluation of Chest Infections
- Ultrasound in Chest Infections
- Microbiology of Pulmonary Infections
- Pathology of Lung Infections
SECTION 2: IMAGING ACCORDING TO CAUSATIVE ORGANISM
- Imaging of Bacterial Pneumonia
- Imaging of Viral Pneumonia
- Fungal Infections in Chest: Part 1
- Fungal Infections in Chest: Part 2
- Imaging of Parasitic Infections affecting the Chest
- Imaging in Chest Tuberculosis
- Imaging of Nontuberculous Mycobacteria Pulmonary Infections
SECTION 3: IMAGING ACCORDING TO CLINICAL SCENARIOS
- Imaging of Community-acquired Pneumonia
- Imaging of Hospital-acquired Pneumonia or Ventilator-acquired Pneumonia
- Approach to Infections in Immunocompromised Host
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: Imaging of Chest Infections
- Imaging of Pulmonary Infections Following Solid Organ Transplantation
- HIV-related Pulmonary Manifestations
- Imaging in Pediatric Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
- Imaging Approach to Recurrent or Nonresolving Pneumonia
SECTION 4: COMPLICATIONS OF PNEUMONIA
- Complications of Chest Infections
- Interventional Radiology in Chest Infections
- Surgical Perspective for Evaluation and Treatment of Pulmonary Infections
SECTION 5: PATTERN-WISE APPROACH TO THORACIC INFECTIONS
- Approach to Pneumonia and Consolidation
- Approach to Nodules and Cavities in Suspected Chest Infection
- Imaging of Infections of Pleura and Chest Wall
- Approach to Infections of the Mediastinum
- Approach to Airway Infections
SECTION 6: REPORTING FORMATS
- Reporting Templates
- Examination Section