Titles in the Pocket Tutor series give practical guidance on subjects that medical students and foundation doctors need help with ‘on the go’, at a highly-affordable price that puts them within reach of those rotating through modular courses or working on attachment.
Topics reflect information needs stemming from today’s integrated undergraduate and foundation courses:
- Common presentations
- Investigation options (e.g. ECG, imaging)
- Clinical and patient-orientated skills (e.g. examinations, history-taking)
The highly-structured, bite-size content helps novices combat the ‘fear factor’ associated with day-to-day clinical training and provides a detailed resource that students and junior doctors can carry in their pocket.
- Logical, building-block approach to content: initial chapter on the anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, followed by focus on obstetric examination and managing normal pregnancy. Subsequent chapters describe specific disorders and complications
- Disorders are accompanied by medical images, examination photos and practical artworks
- Focuses on the conditions medical students and junior doctors are most likely to see
Chapter 1 First Principles
Chapter 2 Clinical Essentials
Chapter 3 Normal Pregnancy and Labour
Chapter 4 Fetal Complications during Pregnancy
Chapter 5 Maternal Complications during Pregnancy
Chapter 6 Complications during Labour and Delivery
Chapter 7 Postnatal Care