Originating from Europe’s largest and most respected eye hospital, the goal of the 1st edition of Moorfields Manual of Ophthalmology, published in 2007, was to provide a practical resource for those caring for patients with eye disease.
Similarly the goal of this 2nd edition is to provide both practising and trainee ophthalmologists, and optometrists and general practitioners, with an up-to-date, user-friendly manual reflecting the latest advances in both the diagnosis and treatment of eye disease. The design has been modified to facilitate rapid access to relevant content at the point of care.
The chapters are organised into the main ophthalmic subspecialties where the reader is expertly guided through examination techniques, treatment algorithms and, where appropriate, surgical procedures. The concise, highly structured text is accompanied by high quality, colour clinical images – many of which are new to this edition, particularly in the chapters covering oculoplastics and corneal disease.
- Thoroughly revised and updated text reflecting the latest in diagnostic techniques and treatment options in eye disease
- Numerous new and replacement images enhance the book’s collection of high quality colour photographs, which aid in the recognition and diagnosis of both common and rare eye conditions
- In depth sections on clinical examination skills essential for clinical practice and professional examinations
- Contributions from more than 60 ophthalmologists, including many world-renowned experts
- Updated guidance notes for general practitioners and optometrists, to assist in prioritising referrals
Chapter 1 Oculoplastics
Chapter 2 Lacrimal
Chapter 3 Orbit
Chapter 4 External eye disease
Chapter 5 Cornea
Chapter 6 Cataract surgery
Chapter 7 Glaucoma
Chapter 8 Uveitis
Chapter 9 Ocular oncology
Chapter 10 Medical retina
Chapter 11 Surgical retina
Chapter 12 Paediatrics
Chapter 13 Strabismus
Chapter 14 Neuro-ophthalmology