This book is a comprehensive guide to aesthetic dermatology for clinicians and trainees.
Divided into four sections, the text begins with discussion on cosmeceuticals (moisturisers, sunscreens, anti-aging products etc).
The next section covers Botulinum Toxin (Botox) treatments, and section three examines soft tissue augmentation such as facial fillers and hand rejuvenation.
The final chapters discuss adjunctive treatments including basic peels, thread lift, laser hair removal, microneedling and body contouring.
Each procedure is described in detail, along with its advantages and disadvantages.
The book is highly illustrated with nearly 600 clinical photographs, diagrams and tables, and features access to videos demonstrating cosmetic procedures.
- Comprehensive guide to aesthetic dermatology
- Each procedure explained in detail with advantages and disadvantages
- Highly illustrated with clinical photographs, diagrams and tables
- Includes access to videos demonstrating cosmetic procedures
SECTION 1: COSMECEUTICALS
- Skin Lightening Agents
- Antiaging Cosmeceuticals
- Lip Care and Cosmetics
- Salon Nail Procedures and Associated Dermatoses
- Hair Cosmeceuticals
- Salon Hair Procedures
SECTION 2: BOTULINUM TOXIN
- Science of Botulinum Toxin
- Patient Selection, Dilution, and Storage
- Facial Anatomy Relevant for the Application of Botulinum Toxin
- Upper Face Indications
- Midface Indications
- Lower Face and Neck Indications
- Botulinum Toxin for Hyperhidrosis
- Complications of Botulinum Toxin in Aesthetic Procedures
- Intradermal Botulinum Toxin: Uses and Techniques
- Nonesthetic Dermatological Uses of Botulinum Toxin
SECTION 3: SOFT TISSUE AUGMENTATION
- Evaluation of the Aging Face
- Facial Anatomy Relevant for the Application of Soft Tissue Fillers
- Soft Tissue Augmentation: Dermal Fillers
- Soft Tissue Augmentation of the Upper Face
- Soft Tissue Augmentation of the Midface
- Dermal Fillers in Lower Face Rejuvenation
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers for Lip Rejuvenation
- Hand Rejuvenation
- Complications of Fillers
- Nonhyaluronic Acid Fillers: Science and Techniques
- Noncosmetic Indications for Fillers
SECTION 4: ADJUNCTIVE TREATMENTS
- Basic Peels
- Platelet-rich Plasma in Aesthetic Dermatology
- Thread Lift
- Fractional Lasers
- Laser Hair Removal in Ethnic Skin
- Lasers for Pigmentation
- Microneedling Radiofrequency
- Body Contouring