This book is a practical guide to assist students with preparation for pathology examinations.
Divided into three sections, the text begins with discussion on general pathology covering cellular responses to injury, wound healing, inflammation, genetic disorders and more.
The second section discusses blood cells and clinical pathology, and section three covers systemic pathology including disorders of the heart, lung, pancreas, kidney, endocrine system, skin and much more.
The third edition of this comprehensive manual has been fully revised to provide students with the latest information in the field. Many new topics and illustrations are new to this edition.
Keywords are highlighted throughout the text and numerous photographs, diagrams and tables further enhance the book.
Also included is an extensive bibliography as well as three appendices detailing key pathologies and cells, and laboratory values.
- Practical guide to pathology for medical students
- Covers general pathology, haematology and clinical pathology, and systemic pathology
- Fully revised, third edition with many new topics and images
- Previous edition (9789386261212) published in 2016
SECTION 1 General Pathology
- Cellular Responses to Stress and Injury
- Acute Inflammation
- Wound Healing
- Chronic Inflammation and Other Infections
- Hemodynamic Disorders, Thromboembolism and Shock
- Diseases of the Immune System
- Genetic Disorders
- Nutritional Disorders
SECTION 2 Hematology and Clinical Pathology
- Disorders of Red Cells
- Disorders of White Cells
- Disorders of Hemostasis
- Clinical Pathology
SECTION 3 Systemic Pathology
- Vascular Disorders
- Heart Disorders
- Lung Disorders
- Oral Cavity and Salivary Gland Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Tract Disorders
- Hepatobiliary Disorders
- Pancreatic Disorders
- Kidney and Urinary Tract Disorders
- Male Genital Tract Disorders
- Female Genital Tract Disorders
- Breast Disorders
- Endocrine Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Bone and Joint Disorders
- Central Nervous System Disorders
Appendix 1: Important bodies and its associated conditions
Appendix 2: Important cells and pathognomonic structures
Appendix 3: Laboratory values of clinical importance