This book is a complete guide to medical parasitology for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The new edition has been fully revised to provide the latest updates and advances in the field, highlighting epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of numerous parasitic diseases.
Presented in bullet format, the text is divided into four main sections, each further sub-divided to cover different parasites.
The second edition covers recent advances in laboratory diagnosis, treatment guidelines, vaccine prophylaxis, epidemiology of infectious diseases, and hospital infection control.
Each chapter features questions on the topic to assist revision, as well as clinical images, schematic diagrams, tables and flowcharts.
- Complete guide to medical parasitology for students
- Fully revised, new edition covering latest advances in the field
- Includes questions on each topic to assist revision
- Previous edition (9789351523291) published in 2014
Section 1 INTRODUCTION
- General Introduction: Parasitology
Section 2 PROTOZOOLOGY
- Introduction to Protozoa
- Flagellates—I (Intestinal and Genital)
- Flagellates—II (Hemoflagellates)
- Apicomplexa—I (Malaria parasite and Babesia)
- Apicomplexa—II (Opportunistic Coccidian Parasites)
- Miscellaneous Protozoa
Section 3 HELMINTHOLOGY
- Introduction to Helminths
- Trematodes or Flukes
- Nematodes—I (Intestinal Nematodes)
- Nematodes—II (Nematodes of Lower Animals that Rarely Infect Man)
- Nematodes—III (Somatic Nematodes)
Section 4 MISCELLANEOUS
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Parasitic Diseases
- Medical Entomology
Appendix I Clinical syndromes in parasitology
Appendix II Relative size of morphological forms of parasites