Develop the skills you’ll need on the job—from organizing patient care and motivating staff to managing conflict and working collaboratively—with this new edition of the #1 selling book for the course. The authors provide a concise, user-friendly synthesis of application and theory and a unique focus on critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making. Over 240 case studies are drawn from a variety of health care settings, including 15-25 NEW cases that focus on the new nurse or first-level manager.
- Prepare to take on leaderships roles in nursing practice with Examining the Evidence sections in each chapter that provide new research ?ndings, evidence-based practice, and best practices in leadership and management.
- Enhance your critical-thinking skills with more than 250 Learning Exercises, that put you in the role of a nurse-manager: assessing, deciding, and executing.
- Reinforce your understanding of key ideas with Break Out Comments in every chapter.
- Master complex information with tables, displays, and illustrations .
- Prepare for exams with Key Concepts that summarize each chapter’s important information.
- Take your learning beyond the book a wide range of online learning tools, including with Web links for each chapter that guide you to new information.