Discover today's most complete, easy-to-use medical coding guide, written specifically for beginning coders. Green's best-selling 3-2-1 CODE IT!, 7E presents the latest updates for ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT (R) and HCPCS Level II coding sets, conventions and guidelines. Focused examples, understandable language and clearly defined terms help you master each concept, while extensive exercises, reviews and coding cases let you practice concepts and prepare to earn coding credentials.
This well-organized, intuitive approach begins with diagnosis coding before progressing to more in-depth instruction on coding procedures and services. You'll find clear coverage of both ICD-10 code sets with separate, thorough chapters on inpatient and outpatient coding. HCPCS level II and CPT coding are also covered in separate chapters. In addition, MindTap interactive digital tools further reinforce the coding skills you need for success.
1. Overview of Coding.
2. Introduction to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding.
3. ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Conventions.
4. ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Guidelines.
5. ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Hospital Inpatient Coding.
6. ICD-10-CM Physician Office and Outpatient Coding.
7. HCPCS Level II Coding.
8. Introduction to CPT Coding.
9. CPT Evaluation and Management.
10. CPT Anesthesia
11. CPT Surgery I.
12. CPT Surgery II.
13. CPT Surgery III.
14. CPT Surgery IV.
15. CPT Surgery V.
16. CPT Radiology.
17. CPT Pathology and Laboratory.
18. CPT Medicine.
19. Insurance and Reimbursement.
Appendix I. E/M CodeBuilder.