Applied Bayesian Statistical Studies in Biology and Medicine
- Edition: Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2004
- Author/s: di Bacco, M.; D'Amore, G. (Universita di Firenze, Italy); Scalfari, F. (Polo Universitario Asti Studi Superiori, Italy)
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- ISBN: 9781461379461
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 276 pages
- Publication date: 17 September 2011
- Dimensions: 156mm (Width), 234mm (Height), 14mm (Spine width)
- Weight: 428g
This volume presents the results of biological and medical research with the statistical methods used to obtain them. Nowadays the fields of biology and experimental medicine rely on techniques for processing of experimental data and for the evaluation of hypotheses. It is increasingly necessary to stimulate awareness of the importance of statistical techniques (and of the possible traps that they can hide) by using real data in concrete situations drawn from research activity.