Clinical Assessment in Respiratory Care
- Edition: 6th Revised edition
- Author/s: Scanlan, Craig L.; Wilkins, Robert L.; Dexter, James R.; Heuer, Al
- Publisher: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
- ISBN: 9781416059233
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 496 pages
- Publication date: 6 February 2009
- Dimensions: 216mm (Width), 276mm (Height), 20mm (Spine width)
- Weight: 1021g
Describes patient assessment in respiratory care. This book lets you assist physicians in the decision-making process regarding treatment, in evaluating the treatment's effectiveness, and in determining if changes in the treatment need to be made.
This is the only respiratory care text devoted exclusively to patient assessment! By performing a thorough patient assessment, you'll be able to assist physicians in the decision-making process regarding treatment, in evaluating the treatment's effectiveness, and in determining if changes in the treatment need to be made. The book's comprehensive approach covers all of the most important aspects and topics of assessment. This edition is streamlined to emphasize learning objectives. And you can prepare for the CRT exam more effectively with the new NBRC Exam Matrix Correlation Guide!
1. Preparing for the Patient Encounter 2. The Medical History and the Interview 3. Cardiopulmonary Symptoms 4. Vital Signs 5. Fundamentals of Physical Examination 6. NEW! Neurological Assessment of the Respiratory Care Patient 7. Clinical Laboratory Studies 8. Interpretation of Blood Gases 9. Pulmonary Function Testing 10. Clinical Application of the Chest Radiograph 11. Interpretation of the Electrocardiogram 12. Assessment of the Neonatal and Pediatric Patient 13. Assessment of the Older Patient 14. Respiratory Monitoring in the Intensive Care Unit 15. Assessment of Cardiac Output 16. Assessment of Hemodynamic Pressures 17. Flexible Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy 18. Nutritional Assessment of Patients with Respiratory Disease 19. Assessment of Sleep and Breathing 20. Assessment of the Home Care Patient 21. Documentation of the Patient Assessment Appendix NEW! Procedure Checklists Glossary