2012 ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Workbook
- Author/s: Bowie, Mary Jo; Smith, Gail I.
- Publisher: Cengage Learning, Inc
- ISBN: 9781133591931
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 192 pages
- Publication date: 9 July 2012
- Dimensions: 189mm (Width), 246mm (Height), 20mm (Spine width)
- Weight: 431g
Provides information you need to confidently make the transition to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. This title guides you through the new coding conventions, including essential concepts, differences from ICD-9, and real-world examples and applications.
This unique, hands-on workbook contains everything you need to confidently make the transition to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. Drawing on decades of experience as health care professionals and educators, the authors have created an in-depth, highly practical guide to the new coding conventions, including essential concepts, differences from ICD-9, and real-world examples and applications. The workbook is designed to build both knowledge and skill, with engaging case studies and scenarios to provide real-world context, as well as exercises and activities that allow you to apply what you learn and truly master the new guidelines. An ideal resource for self-paced study, "The 2012 ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Workbook" is an essential tool to help you prepare for professional success.
1. Infections and Parasitic Diseases. 2. Neoplasms. 3. Diseases of Blood and Blood-Forming Organs. 4. Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases. 5. Mental and Behavioral Disorders. 6. Diseases of Nervous System (Eyes and Ears). 7. Diseases of Circulatory System. 8. Diseases of Respiratory System. 9. Diseases of Digestive System. 10. Diseases of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue. 11. Diseases of Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue. 12. Diseases of Genitourinary System. 13. Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium. 14. Newborn/Congenital Disorders. 15. Symptoms, Signs, and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings. 16. Injury, Poisoning, and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes. 17. External Causes of Morbidity. 18. Factors Influencing Health Status. 19. Transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM. 20. Coding with ICD-10-PCS. 21. Application of Coding Guidelines 22. Coding Case Studies 23. Decision-Based Coding Appendix A. Answer Key. Appendix B. Anatomical Diagrams. Appendix C. Definitions for Root Operations. Appendix D. Body Parts.