Gynecologic tumors that have a low incidence are seen infrequently by the non-specialist, but nevertheless require prompt recognition and management to minimize their potentially devastating effects.
Fast Facts: Gynecologic Oncology has been written by three eminent specialists to provide the family physician and the non-specialist with a concise guide to these tumors to aid recognition, selection of management strategy and likely prognosis.
• Covers each tumor type concisely in terms of epidemiology, pathology, diagnosis, management options and prognosis
• Clear, simple diagrams support key clinical information
• Includes a succinct review of future developments in the areas of screening programs and chemotherapeutic regimens.
• Cervical cancer
• Endometrial cancer
• Ovarian cancer
• Vulval cancer
• Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia
• Pain management and palliation
• Future trends.