Combining cutting-edge coverage with a clear and concise presentation, BODY STRUCTURES AND FUNCTION, 13E introduces you to the basics required for the study of the human body and how it functions. It offers a general introduction to life functions, the medical terminology, and phonetic pronunciation of terms used to describe body parts and their locations as well as a thorough overall review of human development and body processes. Diseases and disorders are integrated within each body system chapter to link physiology with anatomy. Career profiles give you an inside look at the many health care professions available today. In addition, end-of-chapter questions and case studies give you a realistic view of situations you will face in the health care field, while highlights and features that emphasize clinical applications make learning fun and engaging.
1. Introduction to the Structural Units.
2. Chemistry of Living Things.
4. Tissues and Membranes.
5. Integumentary System.
6. Skeletal System.
7. Muscular System.
8. Central Nervous System.
9. Peripheral and Autonomic Nervous System.
10. Special Senses.
11. Endocrine System.
14. Circulation and Blood Vessels.
15. The Lymphatic System and Immunity.
16. Infection Control and Standard Precautions.
17. Respiratory System.
18. Digestive System.
20. Urinary/Excretory System.
21. Reproductive System.
22. Genetics and Genetically Linked Diseases.