The International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) aims to :
- promote communication, research, development, applications, and the availability of information on magnetic resonance in medicine and biology and other related topics internationally;
- develop and provide channels and facilities for continuing education and communication in the field, to publish and assist in the publishing of journals and other publications in the field; and
- provide information and advice on those aspects of public policy which are concerned with magnetic resonance in medicine and biology and other related topics, and otherwise perform charitable, scientific and educational functions with respect to magnetic resonance applications in medicine and biology and other related topics.
- work with or for, and to co-operate with local, regional and national governments and governmental and private agencies, organizations, firms and institutions in efforts to accomplish one or more of the above purposes.
- ensure that scientists and clinicians working in the field have equal and fair opportunities to contribute to it.