Extensively revised and updated with the latest statistics and developments in the field, New Dimensions in Women's Health, Seventh Edition provides a modern and comprehensive look at the health of women of all cultures, races, ethnicities, socioeconomic backgrounds, and sexual orientations. Written for undergraduate students studying health education, nursing, and women's studies, the text provides women with the critical information needed to optimize their well-being, avoid illness and injury, and support their overall health. Each chapter presents in-depth coverage of an important aspect of women's health and examines the contributing epidemiological, historical, psychosocial, cultural, ethical, legal, political, and economic influences.
NEW TO THIS EDITION!
- NEW - 17 new Animations can be found in the Navigate 2 eBook (free with every new print copy of the text)
- NEW - Includes new material on healthcare reform and its implications for individual women and the country as a whole
- NEW - Includes a new section on electronic cigarettes and vaping, as well as their impact on public health
- NEW - Provides new tips and strategies for individuals who wish to quit smoking, reduce problem drinking, and quit illicit drug use
- NEW - Incorporates a new section on the abuse and misuse of prescription and over-the-counter drugs
- NEW - Includes a new section on dissociative disorders, including common forms of these disorders, how they can occur, and their effects on the psyche
- Expanded discussion of STI risk for LGBT populations and how to reduce risk
- Expanded discussion regarding gender identity, transgender, and gender neutral
The new digitally enhanced Seventh Edition is available with Navigate 2 Advantage Access which includes an interactive eBook, informative animations, labeling exercises, audio clips, practice activities and assessments.