This book is a comprehensive guide to the use of lasers and other technologies in dermatologic and aesthetic practice.
Divided into three key sections, the text begins with discussion on the use of lasers for different conditions such as vascular lasers, non-invasive body contouring, pigmented lesions and tattoos, lasers for hair removal, and more.
The second section covers clinical disorders and therapeutic indications, and section three explains practical aspects such as setting up a laser centre and medicolegal aspects, and complications and their management.
The book is presented in a practical format and approaches each topic from the viewpoint of three basic questions – what to do, why do it, and how to do it.
Written by recognised experts in the field, the book is further enhanced by clinical and surgical photographs, illustrations and tables.
- Practical guide to use of lasers and other technologies in dermatologic and aesthetic practice
- Approaches each topic from viewpoint of what to do, why do it and how to do it
- Covers use of lasers for treatment of many different conditions
- Includes discussion on setting up a laser centre and medicolegal aspects
SECTION 1: Laser and Energy-based Technologies
- Laser–Tissue Interactions and its Clinical Correlates
- Ablative Lasers
- Pigmented Lesions and Tattoos
- Fractional Photothermolysis
- Vascular Lasers
- Lasers for Hair Removal
- Cosmetic Use of Radiofrequency in Dermatology
- High Intensity and/or Microfocused Ultrasound with/without Visualization
- Non-invasive Body Contouring and Lipolysis
- Combination Laser Therapy—Rationale and Indications
- Laser Toning in Dermatology
SECTION 2: Therapeutic Indications
SECTION 3: Practical Aspects and Complications
- How to Setup a Laser Center in a Private Setup?
- How to Setup a Laser Clinic in a Public Funded Institution
- Why, When, and How to Buy a Laser?
- Medicolegal Aspects of Lasers in Dermatological Practice
- Complications and their Management