A complete full-color overview of obesity surgery -- written by the field's foremost experts
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
Obesity Surgery: Principles and Practice brings together the top minds in the discipline who, collectively, deliver a benchmark reference that will prove indispensable for general and bariatric surgeons and residents. In page after page, the book's esteemed editors take you step by step through the very latest, most advanced surgical techniques and clinical protocols.
Using full color throughout, this logically organized guide begins with an insightful look at the general principles of obesity surgery--one that provides a vital theoretical framework for subsequent chapters. The next sections of the book offer an in-depth review of surgical procedures and postoperative management that no other text can match.
- Unequaled coverage that delivers an up-to-date, comprehensive survey of today's obesity surgery practice
- Valuable, skill-building insights that reflect the expertise of an international pool of editors and authors in the field of bariatric surgery
- Focus on topics not covered in other books, including Surgery in Adolescents, Cost Analysis of Laparoscopic versus Open Surgery, and Surgery in the “Super Obese”
- Unique DVD with videoclips of critical need-to-know procedures
- Full-color art program to clarify surgical protocols