Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Ready to learn health assessment skills? The fully updated Health Assessment Made Incredibly Visual, 3rd Edition, shows you how—with humor, great visuals, and real-life scenarios.
Hundreds of colorful drawings, diagrams, and photos support easy-to-follow, expert nursing instruction on the many skills needed for physical exams and assessments of every body system, from head to toe. Fulfill the requirements of student nursing—and start your nursing practice with a high standard—with this top-level direction on performing solid, accurate health assessments! Benefit from the expert wisdom of this invaluable guide, featuring . . .
- NEW content on geriatric care from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth and Fifth Edition (DSM-4 and DSM-5)
- Simple-to-use and easy-to-follow guidance on all aspects of health assessment
- Fully illustrated examples of best practices – Current nursing standards for each type of assessment
- Support for accurate assessment – Guides you through the anatomy and assessment processes for each body system or health issue, including skin, hair, and nails; eyes and ears; nose, mouth, throat, and neck; pregnancy, and the respiratory, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, neurologic, and genitourinary systems
- Step-by-step guidance on examination skills with photos, diagrams, drawings, and descriptions for areas including:
- Use of examination tools and equipment
- Choosing, using, and interpreting assessment tests
- Spotting abnormalities
- Palpating the nose and maxillary sinuses
- Measuring diaphragm movement
- Percussing the chest
- Measuring vision
- Assessing eye muscle function
- Hearing and voice assessments
- Special chapter features:
- Take Note – Real-life examples of documentation for complex conditions
- Outside the norm – Photos and explanations of abnormalities
- Memory board – Memory tricks that help you remember vital concepts and key treatments
- Symptom synopsis – Symptoms, key facts, and possible causes for numerous conditions
- Skill check – Expert guidance, backed by real-life photos, on how to examine and assess different body systems and functions
- Q&A – End-of-chapter quizzes—puzzles, riddles, and multiple-choice questions to help you retain essential information