The first comprehensive book to challenge the traditional teachings by presenting a more effective approach to treating hypothyroidism.
For many years, treatment options for hypothyroidism have remained relatively unchanged and new treatments have been unexplored despite the fact that this disorder affects tens of millions of people in the United States. In The Functional Approach to Hypothyroidism, Dr. Kenneth Blanchard uncovers the truth about treatments and diagnoses and offers new insight into reducing symptoms for those with hypothyroidism. Patients and physicians alike will benefit from the wisdom and guidance found in this book.
The Functional Approach to Hypothyroidism also includes explanations of:
* Why hypothyroidism is often misdiagnosed
* Misguided teachings on the treatment of hypothyroidism
* Effects of hypothyroidism on pregnancy, menstrual cycle, and fertility
* The connection between fibromyalgia and hypothyroidism
* The effects of hypothyroidism on weight, sleep, and motion sickness
* More effective treatments and advice for proper diagnosis
The Functional Approach to Hypothyroidism is based on the innovative findings of Dr. Kenneth Blanchard, a specialist in thyroid disease and menopausal hormone replacement therapy. Dr. Blanchard has treated over 1,000 patients with hypothyroidism with great success. Through this experience, he has developed a unique approach to the field and has simultaneously enabled patients to better understand their condition, treatments, and the current findings.