Over the past 22 years, Anatomy and Human Movement has grown into a classic textbook, helping students to understand and remember the mechanisms which allow movement to take place. Now in its sixth edition, the approach remains the same - each section of the body is presented systematically where readers are introduced to the bones, then guided through the muscles, joints , nervous system and blood supply. Anatomy of the musculoskeletal system is brought to life through simple full colour artwork following a colour key for clarity and accuracy.
1. INTRODUCTION Terminology Terms used in describing movement Nervous system Components of the musculoskeletal system Skin and its appendages Early embryology
2. THE UPPER LIMB Introduction Development of the musculoskeletal system Bones Muscles Joints Nerve supply Blood supply Lymphatics
3. THE LOWER LIMB Introduction Development of the musculoskeletal system Bones Muscles Joints Nerve supply The sacral plexus Blood supply Lymphatics
4. THE TRUNK AND NECK Introduction Bones Muscles Joints Nerve supply The cardiovascular system The respiratory system The digestive system The urogenital system The endocrine system
5. HEAD AND BRAIN Bones Muscles Joints The ear, eye and brain