Search exhibitionsRSS feed
Expertise & Excellence: 2012 International Surgical Congress
Arena and Convention Centre Liverpool (ACC)
9 May 2012 - 11 May 2012
Conference Code: SURG12
Consultant and trainee surgeons
For full details about the programme and speakers visit http://www.asgbi.org.uk/liverpool2012/Booking form Book stand dimensions
The International Surgical Congress of the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI), held in Liverpool in 2012, will be entitled "Expertise & Excellence". The congress aims to look at improving surgical technique and how to achieve best practise, as such many of the current political issues influencing surgeons working lives will be debated and discussed in addition to presenting the most recent innovations in surgical techniques and instrumentation. There will be the usual major scientific sessions and a plenary short paper session in addition to invited lectures from a range of some of the most influential surgeons in the UK and abroad. There will be a number of short paper and e-poster sessions taking place throughout the Congress and the theme to the meeting will feed right into informed debates and discussions. 2011 congress attendance numbers reached around 1,800 delegates and this year the ASGBI is aiming to at least emulate last year's success if not supersede.
Symposia will cover topics such as:
- 'Pushing the Boundaries of Surgical Technique'
- 'Burnout and the Stress of Surgery'
- 'Surgery in the Elderly'
- 'Blunt Abdominal Trauma and the general surgeon'
Furthermore, here is a list of more generally intended discursive topics for this 2012 congress:
- Basic/applied clinical science
- Cancer/surgical oncology (Gastrointestinal)
- Cancer/surgical oncology (Non- gastrointestinal)
- Chronic disease
- Cost and quality
- Delivery of service
- Emergency surgery
- Hernia/soft tissues
- Intestinal failure
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Patient safety
- Perioperative care / nutrition
- Randomised controlled trials
- Service provision
- Simulation and technology in surgery
- Surgical audit
- Surgical complications
- Surgical leadership and management
- Trauma / Critical care
- Vascular (arterial)
- Vascular (venous)
- Entry into Wisepress Congress Price List: 16 Apr 2012
- Receipt of display material: 16 Apr 2012
Exhibition shipping address for late entries
Publishers who miss the display materials deadline date need to send their material directly to the exhibition: