Thermoregulation of Sick and Low Birth Weight Neonates
- Edition: Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1995
- Author/s: Okken, Albert; Koch, Jochim
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- ISBN: 9783642799365
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 260 pages
- Publication date: 16 December 2011
- Dimensions: 156mm (Width), 234mm (Height), 13mm (Spine width)
- Weight: 399g
In this book, the editors have succeeded in bringing together many renowned authors in the field. They discuss the physical principles of heat transfer in various heating devices used in neonatal care for temperature distribution throughout the body, such as incubators, open radiant warmers, and heated mattresses, as well as the significance of simultaneously monitoring core and periphal temperature. Alongside a treatment of extreme thermal conditions, contributions also pinpoint the optimal thermal environment. An invaluable aid for all those working in the field of neonatal care, including doctors, scientists, students, and nurses.
Contents: Thermodynamic Principles.- Temperature Monitoring.- Optimal Thermal Environment.- Extreme Thermal Conditions.