This book is a comprehensive guide to the anatomic and functional evaluation of a normal and an abnormal foetal heart.
Beginning with an introduction to foetal echocardiography, guidelines for performing a foetal echocardiogram, and indications and timing, the following sections discuss different foetal cardiac defects, including arrhythmias and heart failure.
The final chapters provide in depth discussion on genetics and congenital heart disease (CHD), and the management of pregnancy after foetal CHD diagnosis.
Each topic concludes with a summary and key points and is further enhanced by clinical images.
- Comprehensive guide to the evaluation of a normal and abnormal foetal heart
- Provides guidance from both an anatomic and functional approach
- Explains how to perform a foetal echocardiogram, its indications and timing
- In depth discussion on management of foetal congenital heart disease
- Basics of Fetal Echocardiography
- General Guidelines for Performing Fetal Echocardiogram
- Indications and Timing of Fetal Echocardiography
- How to Perform a Normal Fetal Echocardiogram: A Practical Guide
- Fetal Cardiac Defects
- Pitfalls in Fetal Echocardiography
- Fetal Arrhythmias: Evaluation and Management
- Fetal Heart Failure
- Fetal Cardiac Interventions
- Genetics and Congenital Heart Disease
- Management of Pregnancy after Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Heart Disease
- Does Prenatal Detection of Heart Disease Improve the Outcome?