Authoritative yet easy to read, Sheep and Goat Medicine, 2nd Edition covers all the latest advances in sheep and goat medicine, including medical treatment, surgery, theriogenology, and nutrition. Full-color photographs and clear instructions provide the answers you need, guiding you through common procedures and techniques such as restraint for examination, administration of drugs, blood collection, and grooming; these descriptions are often accompanied by explanatory diagrams and charts. With diseases, surgeries, and treatments organized by body system, information is always easy to find. New to this edition are chapters on parasite control, nutritional requirements, and performing a necropsy. Developed by Dr. D.G. Pugh, a world-renowned expert on the medical care of sheep and goats, this reference is unmatched for its comprehensive coverage of herd health, physical examination, anesthesia, and multisystem diseases.
1. Handling and Examining Sheep and Goats
2. Feeding and Nutrition
3. Fluid Therapy and Nutritional Support NEW!
4. Oral-Esophageal Diseases
5. Diseases of the Gastrointestinal System
6. Gastrointestinal Parasitism NEW!
7. Diseases of the Respiratory System
8. Theriogenology of Sheep and Goats
9. Diseases of the Endocrine System
10. Diseases of the Integumentary System
11. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System
12. Diseases of the Urinary System
13. Diseases of the Neurologic System
14. Diseases of the Eye
15. Diseases of the Mammary Gland
16. Diseases of the Hematologic, Immunologic, and Lymphatic Systems (Multisystem Diseases)
17. Diseases of the Cardiovascular System
18. Anesthetic Management
19. Flock / Herd Health
20. Necropsy NEW!
Appendix I: Commonly Used Drugs in Sheep and Goats: Suggested Dosages
Appendix II: Reference Intervals and Conversions