Prepare your students for safe, collaborative clinical practice.
Focusing on the most important nursing care plans for practice, this updated edition of Carpenito’s practical resource helps students learn how to create nursing care plans, effectively document care, and build clinical reasoning and decision-making skills. To help achieve quality outcomes and prevent adverse events, care plans identify individuals who are at high risk for falls, pressure ulcers, and infection and prepare the individual/family for transition to home or another facility. A user-friendly organization splits Collaborative Problems and Nursing Diagnosis in each chapter and organizes care plans by Medical Conditions, Surgical Procedures, and Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures. KEY FEATURES
- UPDATED! All nursing diagnoses reflect today’s best practices.
- NEW! Up-to-date content enriches the presentation, including new techniques on increasing a patient’s motivation to learn self-care and new discussions in a new Appendix C on how to teach individuals with low health literacy.
- Evidence-based rationales and guidelines help students understand how research informs practice.
- Clinical Alerts advise students of serious events that require immediate action and need to be reported in a timely and sometimes urgent fashion.
- An evidence-based model, STAR (Stop, Think, Act, Review), shows students how to assess a situation prior to intervening and how to evaluate the response after acting.
- A SBAR (Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation) framework facilitates clear, consistent, and succinct communication of pertinent information among health care professionals.