This best-selling book enables nursing students to calculate drug doses accurately and quickly. It begins with a diagnostic test to pinpoint any weaknesses in basic arithmetic and is followed by specific exercises to remedy them.
Examples are drawn from everyday clinical practice with graded exercises and answers. The content covers
- administering injections, tablets and mixtures
- intravenous infusions
- administering safe dosages to children.
Nursing Calculations is an essential aid to safe clinical practice for student nurses and those returning to the profession.
Preface to the Eighth Edition
Preface to the First Edition
Symbols used in this book
Formulae used in this book
1. A review of relevant calculations
2. Dosages of oral medications
3. Dosages of medications for injection
4. Intravenous infusion
5. Paediatric dosages
6. Revision of nursing calculations