Featuring a new full-color design and packed with illustrations, LIMITED RADIOGRAPHY, 4e is an ideal resource for beginning radiography students and limited radiographer training. It offers a comprehensive presentation of both core radiographic theory and radiographic anatomy and positioning -- teaching you the theory as well as equipping you with the skills you will need to know on the job. Each chapter begins with an explanation of its correlation to the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography Examination administered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (R) (ARRT), while end-of-chapter Review Questions help you test your own progress. The text's focus on professional skills -- such as communication, patient care and safety, and radiation safety -- ensures you learn best practices in radiography. In addition, five new chapters walk you step-by-step through radiographic positioning procedures -- complete with illustrations.
1. Introduction to Limited Radiography: The Occupation.
2. Occupational Standards: Relationships and Communication.
3. Medical Ethics and Legal Aspects of Health Care.
4. Medical Asepsis and Patient Care.
5. Radiographic Physics.
6. Radiographic Tube and Radiation Production.
7. Imaging Equipment.
8. Fundamentals of Radiographic Exposure.
9. Darkroom and Film Processing.
10. Digital Radiography and Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS).
11. Basic Image Quality Management.
12. Radiation Biology.
13. Radiation Protection.
14. Introduction to Positioning.
15. Radiographic Anatomy and Positioning: Chest and Abdomen.
16. Radiographic Anatomy and Positioning: Upper Extremity.
17. Radiographic Anatomy and Positioning: Lower Extremity.
18. Radiographic Anatomy and Positioning: Spine.
19. Radiographic Anatomy and Positioning: Skull, Facial Bones, and Paranasal Sinuses.
20. Imaging Specialties.