This fully revised fourth edition of Fast Facts: Diabetes Mellitus provides a practical hands-on approach to the causes, clinical manifestations and treatment strategies for type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- The latest research on pathogenesis, and environmental and genetic causes
- The fundamentals of clinical assessment for early detection
- Comprehensive details of available drug therapies, including insulin regimens, delivery methods and injection sites
- Simple, clear messages to give to patients about the effects of diabetes on their health
- The principles of dietary management, weight loss and physical activity
- Strategies to improve adherence to clinical recommendations
- Management of the diabetic pregnancy.
With the pursuit of good blood glucose control at its core, Fast Facts: Diabetes Mellitus is an invaluable resource for primary care physicians, specialist nurses and nurse educators, diabetes and endocrinology trainees, medical students and allied healthcare professionals such as dietitians and podiatrists. It is also an ideal up-to-date overview of current practice for specialists from other disciplines who regularly see patients with diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Other types of diabetes mellitus
Treatment of type 1 diabetes mellitus
Treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus Diet and physical activity
Complications and mental health considerations
Diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state
Pregnancy and diabetes