The Atlas of General Surgery is a highly practical, how-to reference for the most frequently performed operations. For precise and quick orientation, each surgical chapter presents a brief introduction to surgical preparation, anesthesia, positioning, relevant anatomy, risks, complications, and postoperative care, and then illustrates the operative technique through excellent drawings and detailed legends.
- Covers all common surgeries any general surgeon needs
- Step-by-step guide to each operative procedure
- More than 1,200 high-quality drawings demonstrate
surgical anatomy and technique, with each illustration showing one operative
- Didactic page layout allows for easy comprehension of
- Practical tips, tricks, and pitfalls highlight crucial
Ideal for all surgeons in training the Atlas of General Surgery is a handy, one-volume
text that provides an overview of this broad field. It also serves as a valuable
reference for the bookshelf of practicing surgeons who would like to consult a rapid review before surgery.